Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Crazy Ideas Vol:2



"Feminism"



Many things prompted me to take up Women, as the next topic for my blog, and to ignore the sounds of roaring thunder that is to befell my head soon after this volume is published. Women will largely dominate this blog, through a guy's perspective, although I will also try to tackle the relationship we share with them and scratching the surface of homosexual tendencies (of guys hence the title-feminism) finally ending with my own sexist tendencies.

Part 1
Guy-Gal Dynamics

If you have read Mario Puzo's "Fool's Die", you will perhaps agree with me it presents the dynamics of the relationships rather perfectly, that is, from a guy's perspective. He begins with a very interesting prologue where he promises to weave magic and present women in their naked honesty. He claims the women will come out better than men in the end. He also claims that men need women.

That was the second bit he got right. We will come to the first bit in some time, but first you must understand what I mean when I say the dynamics of the relationship from a guy's perspective.
You see, although the prologue deals almost exclusively with women and a promise on a book on feminism, the book hardly deals with it. Not that it isn't a great book, it is a stunner, but in no way a book on women. And from a guy's perspective that's the whole story. Give us a minute to think about it and women jump to our minds. But usually, most rational men gets too often too engrossed in what they are doing that they actually forget the women part in their lives, and this part comes and goes like a favorite TV show, that they absolutely love. So that book actually describes the dynamics of a guy-gal relationship, although not in a way you expect.

Now, in all seriousness I don't expect my mundane mind to figure out the dark complex mysteries of a feminine mind, what I will do instead is interpret some aspect which is more of a hunch based on incidents perhaps too complex to put down in words.

For me, the defining point of women will remain the attention, that they crave and the same that they refuse to pay. Can they be called self involved? I don't know, but I don't think that's what it is. I say this not to appease them, but in an attempt towards our all important goal of understanding them. And why is because of their overall softer nature, a plight is more likely to appeal to a woman than a man. Perhaps it has something to do with motherhood, I do not know. What I do know is the fact that men at least tend to pay more attention to their female friends, however vehemently they can deny it. Of women I don't know, but I can certainly say that a man is more likely to make a wonderful selfless gesture towards a female friend,(Friend, not girlfriend We will come to girlfriends later). On the contrary, woman will walk away leaving the foolish man in an embarrassment of his selfless ways while she accomplishes her "goals". But then the same guy is more likely a self centered jackass, while around other people. I don't know about women, but if I am to hazard a guess based on reasonable assumptions I would say she would be similar, at least with a guy she considers an equal. And I also believe, for every woman, this number of equals is pretty low, and this number is inversely proportional to the attention she gets in the first place.

This equal again is a very important term, and I truly am at a loss to discover the magic formula. When I recked my brains the only thing that made sense to me was perhaps the equals is a random term or perhaps every girl have their own magic formula. I am willing to believe a mix of two, chance adding to the magic formula, more likely dominating it. Having said that, from a guy's perspective, the most important thing is positioning. I have found that the girls are very easily impressed/awed and in the end it all comes down to positioning and timing. But this is again related to the attention they usually get. By positioning I mean, exactly what it sounds like. The girl needs to know who you are. It doesn't hurt to have a good reputation or looks, these are the catalysts. But I have come to believe, in the end, these don't matter much. I also found that while saying the right things is necessary, action still speak louder than the words. And of course when I mean saying the right things is necessary, I meant knowing when to shut up too. You see, talking is women department and that is something a guy should never forget. Even the girls who you will deem shy will talk more than a guy, so if the talk ratio approaches 50-50, that dynamics is in trouble and will shift pretty soon. I find 60-40 to be the perfect, because man gives the woman the hold, but still enough for himself to have his say. Although 70-30 is acceptable, any dynamics below that is tending to shift.

Another thing I have found rather fascinating is the fact it is up to women to make the decisions, and here I am talking about modern day relationships, not about our parents, which of course shows dynamics of a fast fading era. The decision making process rests with Women, surprisingly due to something they hate! Sexism!! In college-life-relationship these include time of meeting (decided according to girl's schedule), place (decided according to her mobility ) and most important of all, what is good/bad,private/public and so on (according to her judgment). Now well the first two are more obvious cases of sexism whether women "decide" to acknowledge them or not. While the third one, yes, how the hell did that become sexist. Guys don't realize but the third one is snuck in either when they don't realize or have been manipulated enough so they are just waiting to slice their right hands and gift it to them.

The fact is guys mostly grumble about one or two, in fact mostly one. But what they don't realize all this time is the fact, the third one is basically the governing factor. Because the third one actually dictates the life outside of college, if the relationship survive the brutal transformation. The third is the most significant weapon, it can vary from pouting of mouth to sad eyes, looking down. But actually I have said this about Hitler and I repeat it about the girls. Hitler came to power only because he actually believed in antisemitism (anti Jew feelings), he truly believed he was ridding Germany of evil and he sold it. Same goes for girls, whatever they do, you can never actually take away the one thing, they are believers. And I don't say this lightly but as a tribute to the most fascinating aspect of womanhood, they actually believe in the goodness of a man, of something even we can not see but it is there and she sees it and perhaps inspire us to change, for better or for worse, I don't know. I haven't allowed anyone to change me yet, but when it does happen, hell that transformation will be awesome.


And thus I sign off the pretty amazing journey through guy-gal dynamics, there is still a lot left to be said. After all, a woman is not just about her relationships, As of this moment I am at 1300 words, which is quite enough length for a single post. I will soon add the parts 2 onwards to make a complete study.... till then cheerioz

3 comments:

Quaintzy Patchez said...

Which part, i ask, do you think will make thunder fall on you? lolz.. awesome post, we need someone to pay attention on us and hey! Mr. Void did just that! Fare Well!

deep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ohhh lord...so much of technical research about the fairer sex..!!!
hats offf..:O