Monday, July 2, 2007

CrazY IdeaS Vol:1


"Atheism"





There are many people out there for my blood, for the simplest of reasons. My belief (or lack thereof) towards religion. I say what is the big deal, Do I harass you for being part of the followers? why then cant you leave me alone for not bowing my head everytime I hear the temple bells toll. But I guess I have avoided the question long enough, perhaps its the time I speak back. Although its not my tendency to take shots at the "Ultimate Authority" *rolls eyes* this is one time I will go against the dictum. So I warn anyone who is blindly in love with the omnipotent one to leave now, never to return!
My answer is perhaps the simplest of all... "Most people dont believe in most gods/religions anyway, I just went one god/religion further"

But this is not the extent of it, I will now undertake tedious but quite plain work of tearing religions (and God, although to a lesser extent) apart...

Part 1

Religions constantly try to throw us into many variations of pits of fire (more commonly known as hell). If you do this , you are in hell, you do that you are in hell, if you dont do this or that, hey presto you are still in hell. Well I agree, it is a crime to use a condom while having sex and deserves condemnation to hell. Oh and what was the poor boy thinking when he thought Darwin actually made sense! Damn it you are not allowed to apply logic or free thought, no doubt you deserve hell. And those insolent Scientists! what are they thinking believing Science to solve Genesis? Hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell!!
I can provide you another one thousand examples, a couple of which I have experienced closely, and they make me sick to the bottom of my stomach. I wish no such fate for you. And anyways even if you avoid doing this or that and also avoid not doing this or that, guess what you are still going to hell. Why, you ask me. The answer is simple actually: The sheer number of religions that exist, and definitely more than one of them states if you dont follow us you will go to hell. And of course, you cant follow more than one because than you are not following that one... so basically the minute you were born you are already condemned.

Part 2

Omnipotence

The only point around which "their" Gods seems to unite is the fact that they remain omnipotent, whatever the case.
Hmm, this paradox I absolutely love and I have used it so many times! Well if God is omnipotent, meaning he can pretty much do anything, Can he create a stone that he himself can not lift?

This is the nearest any theist got to solving this paradox,

Now since God is not confined to linear time like us He can as easily lift that stone in a parallel reality as the actions in parallel source are not defined in those circumstances.

The statement defies logic, meaning existence of an omnipotent God is for non logical people. I dont know about you guys but I will much rather have logic than God.


Part 3

Religious Blasphemy

It is a pretty culture to spend millions of bucks on organization of (highly productive *coughs*)
festival and rituals everyday. And at the same time, in India at least, hungry children die at the footsteps of the temple, they are mostly not allowed to enter, and perhaps are more in need of that money. The day to spend our limited resources on God should have been the day when we have wiped off starvation and deaths off the destiny of every child in the world. But no, the higher priority remains to please the "stone" Gods, who well, promise vengeance in case you dare to ignore. Well, I dont actually believe that the "stone" gods are capable of ire. Its just those selfishly motivated priests, pundits, rabbis and fathers who spread this crap in name of the "whole" entity to serve their purpose. Come on, let us face it, without God what will be the need of them popes and pundits and gurus and rabbis and whatever the hell. Then how will they sit on their fat asses and preach messages they themselves dont follow? And you bow to them and laugh at me. Whew, I thank your Gods for creating me "screwed".


Conclusion:

I believe in logic and free thinking. I believe in seeing things simply. I believe Bible, Geeta and Koran did not arrive from heaven via fax. I believe people who wrote the laws were no better than us. You believe in God, I believe in people. You believe in strength of prayer, I believe in strength of heart. I have my own religion, even if it doesnt have a name. But it involves hard work, logic and above all rationality. Not the benevolence, kindness crap... which you dont follow anyway.


Miss Vetra from Dan Brown's Angels and Demons got it right perhaps when she said, "God is not some omnipotent authority waiting to condemn us to a pit of fire the moment we disobey. God is the energy that runs through the synapses of our nervous system and chambers of our hearts."


You say I am going to hell, I dont give a damn. Even if I am wrong, I already proved either everyone is going to hell or God is not powerful enough to have control over every aspect of his creation. And anyways I would much rather live the present with logic than future with luxury. And if God is so narrow minded and egotistic as to only accept those into his realm who are spineless, brainless followers, then I dont want to kneel in front of such a God anyway.



Based on everything I have found out the simplest fact remains, God or religion, doesnt make any sense. There is no logic involved, so next time you find yourself short on strength dont look up, look within, everything you will ever require is right there!

1 comment:

Quaintzy Patchez said...

Ah well! Awesome post again, we look for more... :) keep that up, tho was dripping with Atheism, it was inspiring... Fare Well!