Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2009 Never Came

2008 was the best year of my life. I remember writing about it. Check it out here before you contine to read this.

We worked hard, achieved a lot. Eyes that were full of dreams, as the year begun, saw the detination approach closer. By the end of the year, I was almost certain we had made it. I could sense it, feel it. I was sure it will appear any minute now, just waiting for the year to come.

"A lot has been achieved in 2008, the year that was the high waters of a truly entertaining voyage. 2009 is the year we reap the awards, reach the destination."

But 2009 never came. Its eighteen months since I wrote that. I am eighteen months older, eighteen months more of a cynic, but the destination is nowhere on the horizon. The scent, the feel, the hope, all vanished overnight, going up in a puff of smoke. I am lost. In fact, so much so, I am no longer even sure where the destination is.

But in the end, the golden rule always works. Keep your expectations to a minimum, and hope to a maximum. I guess in a way, the only difference between 2008 and 2010 is, I am not enjoying life anymore... Hopw you fare well.

Luv & Luck
Void

2 comments:

brigbgb said...

"Keep your expectation to minimum and hope to maximum"
- A very wise thought
Regards,
Brindha

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!