Thursday, March 11, 2010

More from the Past

September 12, 2007

"I have a dream, a dream in which I see the time and hours I gave. I feel the tiredness in my limbs, I feel my eyes burning because I haven’t slept in so long. But I see a successful me, a better person."
--- From my early notes about Q4R

I cant believe I predicted the effect of Q4R this accurately almost a year in advance. To Q4R! Here is a toast to the dead already and a hurrah for the next to die.

October 1, 2007

Every step I take!

Every step that I take
Leads me to a road unseen,
I follow it in my heart’s wake
Full of pits and false stones,
I follow it in my heart’s wake.

The road beckons to me,
Whispering words of promise,
And feigning glimpse of the key,
To what it is that my heart seek.

And I knew that even before,
I set my foot on this treacherous path,
It is as they say in lores of yore,
My soul shall walk this path.

It is not the dangers I must face
That makes my stout heart shrink,
But the ghosts of past I must chase
So I can crawl, walk or run the road.

And in the deepest core of my heart,
Where no shadows ever fall,
For the light no darkness can part,
I wish, dream and hope.

I hope not for the quest,
To go well, undoubtedly as it shall.
But for courage so I can jest,
At every demon that dare.

I dream not of a better day,
For a better day shall surely come.
But for tiring limbs so I can say,
My sleepless night were not in vain.

I wish not for easy roads,
For toiling hard makes roads easy.
But for friends to share my loads,
So I can laugh, sing and be free.

I care not whiter to the road leads,
Colorful success or blinding pain,
Either way it’s a dream that feeds,
My heart and soul, while my body moves on.

Luv and Luck
Void

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:O
perfect composition of all the lil and big quests...

Anonymous said...

..BTW whats Q4R??

Void said...

Q4R is an international motorsports project I did back in college. Designing and manufacturing racing cars...